Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Little Inspiration

I remember when I was little, watching general conference was like a form of torture. It's funny how much my perspective has changed with time. Now I actually look forward to general conference. It seemed like there were a lot of talks this time that really hit home for me. I feel like that has happened a lot for me lately. In September, Elder Holland did a CES fireside broadcast that was absolutely amazing, and last week I went to a fireside by Elder Bednar in Idaho Falls that was also amazing. I have been reflecting a lot lately on some of the talks that have influenced me the most. This is sort of a cheesy post, but I just thought I would include links to some of my favorite talks in case any of you could use a little inspiration.

"Broken Things to Mend" by Jeffrey R. Holland

"Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence" by Jeffrey R. Holland

"But If Not..." by Dennis E. Simmons

"The Love of God: Suffering Tribulation in the Redeemer's Name" by Gene R. Cook

"The Tongue of Angels" by Jeffrey R. Holland

"In the Strength of the Lord" by David A. Bednar

1 comment:

Ben and Summer said...

Oh my gosh,Stacy, I love these talks! 4 of them are already my favorites, but I'll definitely take your advice and read the others since you obviously have great taste! I need to do a post on Gen. Conf. too, although it's a little late...