Sunday, October 5, 2008

Boise Trip

This week, I took a trip to Boise for a school psychology conference. I decided that I am a fan of Boise. It has a population of about 185,000, which I think is PERFECT. It's big enough that there is a lot to do, yet it's not too big. Plus, I think it would be fun to go to some BSU football games, and they have a semi-pro hockey team (I got to see them practice a little bit while I was there). It seems like a clean city, and it doesn't have the traffic issues that Utah does. Lately everyone in my program has been talking about where they want to do their internships next year. I kind of thought that I would do mine in Idaho Falls or move back to Utah, but I think I could actually like living in Boise. We'll see, though. Those of you who know me well know that I am not very good at making decisions. One of my old roommates used to joke that my major changed every week (and she wasn't too far off). Who knows, maybe I will end up going somewhere completely random for my internship. I guess I will have to wait and see which places will actually offer me an internship and be willing to pay me for it, but for now I'm thinking I want to go to Boise. (By the way, I didn't take the picture of Boise above...in fact, I think that picture is probably pretty outdated, but I thought this post needed a picture of Boise, and I liked this one, so I posted it.)

While I was in Boise, I got to see one of my favorite roommates from BYU. She lives in New York now but happened to be visiting family in Boise the same days that I was there for my conference. It was great to see her, and I couldn't believe how much her little boy has grown since the last time I saw him. Here's some pictures of us at the park.


5 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

I'm so jealous! Boise really is a beautiful city. It's on my list of places to live - although I do love being closer to the coast.

You should come to California for your internship, and we could be roommates! Fun, fun, fun! ;)

Rachel Gilsen said...

That California idea is a good one! Except you said that you don't like the big city life. And I wouldn't be able to stand living in a tiny city! :)

Stacy said...

I guess I could come to California for my internship. A guy in my program has been looking at jobs in the L.A. area, and he said they pay about $30,000 more per year than the ones in Idaho and Utah. I guess I would have to see if the cost of living would make it worth it or not.

Jenna Kae said...

stacy! i just discovered your blog! if you want to come to az, i know some cool people down here! :) (like me...) i'm glad i found your blog, and i can keep up with you!

Ben and Summer said...

What are you talking about, you don't like pictures of yourself? You look GORGEOUS in that photo of you and your old roomie! Your hair is beautiful. Boise sounds great!