Sunday, September 6, 2009

Table Rock

For the past few years, one of my friends has been wanting to go on a hike called Table Rock (aka Table Mountain) in Wyoming near the Teton mountains. It's a pretty steep/strenuous hike, so I have not really been very excited about it since I am not in good shape. Well, she finally talked me into going, and we hiked it yesterday. I've hiked it twice before, but I was in MUCH better shape back then. We took it pretty slow and took lots of breaks, so it really wasn't so bad going UP the mountain. However, coming DOWN the mountain was a different story! I made the mistake of wearing tennis shoes that were a little snug, so hiking down a steep mountain in them was BAD news! My feet have never been in so much pain before! Even today, I can't even stand to touch my toes because it kills.

The view at the top of this hike is incredible!! Pictures just can't capture the amazing panoramic view. Here is a picture of the Grand Teton from the top of Table Rock. Like I said, pictures just don't do it justice. The view at the top is worth the climb, but I definitely think it will be a while before someone can talk me into doing it again!

4 comments:

Shalae said...

OHHHHHH!!!! I am so jealous! I hiked Tablerock once for Girls Camp and have wanted to go back, but never have made it! Good for you for making it all the way! And you're right, pictures just don't do it justice!

Kara and Chant said...

Go you! Never been ambitious enough to do that. How long did it take?

Cassie said...

I love that hike, but you are right it is a challenging one.

Acor Almanac said...

Way to go Stacy is the Grand Teton next? Sounds like you need a podiatrist. Know any good ones???