Yesterday I got an email from another person in my program asking some questions about my life in Ogden. I decided since I haven't really posted much about Ogden maybe I could just answer his questions on my blog, so here you go.
Question #1: How is the gang life in O-Town?
Answer: Well, I haven't really had much exposure to the "gang life" of Ogden. However, I will say that I was pretty scared my first day in Ogden when I went to a 7-11 convenience store. Talk about creepy people! I have also never seen so many people with blue and/or purple hair in one place before. Later I learned that this store is not really in the greatest part of town...
Question #2: Have you seen, or been part of, any drive-by's?
Answer: Nope. Maybe I need to get out more.
Question #3: Do the sirens keep you up at night?
Answer: Since I am living in Layton instead of Ogden, the answer is no. Sometimes the planes from Hill Air Force Base do, though. However, I am sure that if I did live in Ogden, the sirens would keep me up at night. I don't think I have ever seen so many police cars in a city before (with the exception of NYC).
Well, there you have it. In case you didn't know, Ogden is sort of considered the "Ghetto of Utah." It's not so bad though, as long as you avoid the creepy 7-11. I'm learning that it even has some little treasures. One of my favorite discoveries is a really yummy local Mexican restaurant called Sonora Grill. If you are ever in Ogden, I highly recommend checking it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment