Last week at work, I was in a classroom doing some observations. The class was having an auction where they got to use "money" they had earned to bid on prizes. One kid bid on a prize, and when he found out he had been out-bid, he burst into tears and threw a fit like the world was coming to an end. This cycle happened about 6 times before he finally won a prize. I was thinking about how ridiculous it was that this kid made such a big deal about not winning a pencil when I realized that sometimes I do the same thing in my life. I can remember several times when things have not gone the way I wanted them to, and I started to panic or felt like the world was coming to an end. As I watched this kid, it made me realize the importance of maintaining perspective on life. Even though everything does not always turn out the way I want it to, I always survive, and life goes on. More often than not, the little things I worry and stress over do not even matter a few years down the road.



2 comments:
I love that cartoon! it fits your post so well. Thanks for the great reminder:)
Thanks for that! Sometimes it's good to be reminded.
Post a Comment