For 2009, there are two goals that I want to focus on:
My first goal is to stop letting my fears, particularly my fear of failure, prevent me from doing the things I really want to do. Over the past few years, I have realized how impactful fear can be on a person. Looking back, there are so many things that I wanted to do with my life but didn't even try to do because I was afraid I would not be successful at them. Why is it that people are so afraid of failure? Somehow, it seems easier to let opportunities pass me by than deal with the potential of failing at them.
My second goal is to look for more reasons to enjoy life. Sometimes I can be a bit of a perfectionist and become so critical of everything around me that I don't "stop to smell the roses." Time goes by so fast that I want to start making every moment count and enjoy life instead of stressing about the little things that really don't matter in the long run. I want to start looking for the positive and find more reasons to laugh.
There are also some other things that I would like to work on in 2009, but I will spare you the details. I saw this cartoon, and thought my mom might appreciate it. I have never been very good at making decisions, but somehow I don't think setting a goal to become more decisive would help me very much.



3 comments:
Love the cartoon. I need to be more decisive when in a group setting. Good luck with your plans to change the future.
I like the goals. It is easy to get caught up in little things. You are amazing Stacy and I am excited to see what things happen for you in the new year.
Great goals, Stace! Glad to see I'm not the only one getting a late start on those. Haha, I love the cartoon - so true. I look forward to seeing what's ahead in your 2009. Lots of great things, I'm sure!!! :)
Post a Comment