Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Hiatus is Over

I'm not sure if I even have anybody following my blog any more since I sort of stopped posting over a year ago, but today I woke up with the random urge to start blogging again. Who knows, maybe some of you still have me in your Google Reader feed. :)

It's been an eventful year so far. Here's the short version of what I've been up to this year:
  • I got to go on my first official business trip in February. I jokingly made a comment to my wonderful boss about how she should send my colleagues and me to the national school psychologist convention in San Francisco. I thought there was no way she would send us (which is why I said it jokingly), but she totally did! I've decided it never hurts to ask for what you want. The conference was fantastic, and it was nice to go on a trip where I didn't have to spend every second thinking about how much it was costing me.
  • My car died. :( I decided the cost to fix it wouldn't be worth it, so I bought this beauty. I haven't been able to bring myself to get rid of my other car, but if you know of anyone who wants a 2001 Chevy Malibu that barely runs, let me know.

  • I finished my first official year as a licensed school psychologist! This year was much easier than my intern year, so hopefully it will only get better from here. Working for a smaller district has given me opportunities that I don't think I would have in a larger district, so I've been forced to stretch myself and grow...a LOT! I'm even presenting at a brain injury conference in October (which I'm starting to freak out about).
  • I've thoroughly enjoyed the main perk of working for a school district - SUMMER VACATION! I took a trip to California in June and a trip to Canada at the beginning of this month. Both trips were fantastic! I'm not really looking forward to going back to work at the end of this month, but it will be good for me to have some structure in my life again. Plus, I guess I have to do something to earn money for my traveling addiction.

Well, that pretty much sums up the highlights of my year so far. If I feel really ambitious, I might even do some posts that go into more depth, but I'm not making any promises.

3 comments:

Jason and Bri Walker said...

Hey! I still check it! Ok, so maybe it did just show up on the feed. How are you? Are you ready to join me in Boston yet?

Kara and Chant said...

So glad to see you remembered you have a blog ;) I missed you! You've been busy! Can't wait to hear about Canada.

Cassie said...

Super cute car! It's good to hear what you've been up to lately.