Monday, January 18, 2010

Church Basketball

Wow, I've been a slacker about posting on my blog. I promise I will try to do better! A couple of weeks ago, I temporarily lost my mind and decided to sign up for my ward's basketball team. I figured it would be good motivation for me to get into shape. Before the first game, I told my roommate that I needed to shave my legs just in case I broke my leg and had to go to the doctor. Well, I think I jinxed myself because during the first game, I fell and rolled my ankle. It made a nice popping noise (3 times) and instantly became swollen...not a good sign. Thankfully, I didn't break it, and I didn't need to go to the doctor. I think I just sprained it pretty good. It's been 11 days since I sprained it, and now I can actually walk without limping (most of the time), but it's still swollen and hurts.

Last week, I went to watch my team even though I couldn't play, and it was the most AGGRESSIVE basketball game I have ever seen! One of the girls on my team fell, and a player from the other team SAT ON HER so she couldn't get up! It's a good thing we start these things with a prayer!

3 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

Nice! I can't believe that someone sat on that girl! Glad you are getting a little better. That stinks when you can't get around. So, what's new with you anyway? We need to chat!

Christa Jeanne said...

Whoa - that's intense!!! I had no idea ladies' church ball was as competitive and mean as the fellas. Yipes! Feel better soon, Stace!

Unknown said...

Stace it sounds like you need a podiatrist again!!!! Don't you know any good ones? Just remember RICE and no it is not the stuff you eat either. Let me know if it continues to be a problem for you