Sunday, July 5, 2009

"Holiday"

Last week, I took a little vacation (or "holiday" as they call it in Canada) to Glacier National Park in Montana and to my former roommate's wedding in Canada. It was an awesome trip! Glacier National Park is probably the MOST BEAUTIFUL place I have ever been! I couldn't get over how beautiful everything is there. Here are some pictures from the trip. I took about 200 pictures there, so I narrowed it down to my favorite ones for this post. These pictures just don't do it justice (neither do the professional pictures in the gift shops).


Our first day in the park, we drove on a bumpy, unpaved road to this lake. It is so beautiful, and all the water at Glacier is SO BLUE. This is just one of the many incredible lakes at the park.

Our second day, we went on a hike to another lake. The scenery was so beautiful! Usually when I am hiking I find myself rushing to get to the destination, but everything was so pretty along the way! This lake was aqua blue, and you can't see it very well in this picture, but the water was so smooth that you could see the whole mountain reflecting in it. It was amazing! There were also lots of little waterfalls running down one of the mountains.

This was taken on the Going-to-the-Sun road in the park. I think it is probably the most scary road I have ever driven on because I am afraid of heights and it basically goes along the ledge of a mountain. It was an incredible view though! I couldn't get a very good picture, but there were some really deep valleys and beautiful mountains.

Another picture from Going-to-the-Sun road.

The next day we went on a hike to St. Mary Falls and Virginia Falls. This picture is St. Mary Falls.


Here is a picture of Virginia Falls. There were so many amazing waterfalls on this hike! It was absolutely gorgeous! I couldn't really get a very good picture of Virginia Falls, but it was beautiful. There are some rocks you can walk on to get pretty close to the falls so you can feel the spray from the falls. We got pretty wet, but it was worth it!

The next day, we headed up to Canada for the wedding. Before the wedding we did a session at the Cardston temple.

Here's a picture of me with my roommate Shauna (from my freshman year of college). It was a beautiful wedding, and I'm so glad I was able to make it. It was kind of funny to go to a wedding after camping for a week, but oh well (at least our campground had showers). At the luncheon, she even did a lip-sync to a song about a "pink toothbrush" that brought back some memories from my freshman year. It totally made my day!!!

Anyway, it was such a fun trip, and I think I might need to make going to Glacier an annual tradition. If any of you want to go on a vacation and you like the outdoors, I highly recommend it. Seriously, it is so beautiful I can't even describe it!

2 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

Beautiful pictures! Oh, the pink toothbrush and the blue toothbrush and the famous bathroom door! How funny! Sad I wasn't able to go, but she looked beautiful. Does Shauna have a blog?

Cassie said...

Those pictures are gourgeous! Now I want to go there even more than I did before. :)