Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bittersweet

Today was my last day of class, not just for this semester, but the last day of class for my entire program. It's so hard to believe! I know it's cliche, but I'm going to say it anyway - I can't believe how fast time flies! Just a little over two years ago, I started grad school. I remember thinking about how it was a big commitment, and I thought it would feel like forever before I finished. But, here I am, and I feel like I just blinked and the past 2 years flew by! On Monday, it hit me that I was almost done, and I actually felt sad. I have spent the past two years with the same 4 classmates and the same 2 professors, and it's really weird to think that I am not going to see them any more. For the past two years, I have constantly been saying that I can't wait until I am done with school, but now that it's actually here, I'm kind of sad that it's coming to an end. Granted, I still have another year before I graduate because I have to do my internship, but I am done sitting in a classroom. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely excited that I made it to this point, but there are definitely things I am going to miss.

Plus, now I have to come up with a new title for my blog. I'm not very creative when it comes to these kinds of things, so it took me forever just to come up with something as lame as "The Life of a Graduate Student." So, if any of you have any good blog title suggestions, I'm open.

3 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

I am excited for you, even though it is sad. You made it! You are amazing. No suggestions for the title, but I just know you will come up with something great!

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for you, and a little jealous because I want to be finished with my program. I think you should name your blog something tacky like "your personal theropist" or "Dr. Stacy Speaks"

Cassie said...

Congrats and I know what you mean about it being bittersweet, sometimes I even miss the homework.