Thursday, June 11, 2009

Highlights from New York and Pennsylvania

Last week, I took a little trip to New York/Pennsylvania. I'll try to give you the condensed version. Here are some of the highlights:

Friday morning, we went to my brother Barry's graduation at Madison Square Garden. Congratulations Barry!!!

Friday was a VERY wet and windy day in New York City, but I still had a good time. Poor Barry forgot to bring a jacket, so here he is drying off.

We went on a boat tour around Manhattan Island. It was pretty cool, and we got to see a lot. Thankfully, the boat was COVERED so we weren't getting soaked the whole time. Here's a couple of pictures from the tour.


On Saturday, I got to go to NYC again for part of the day. Thankfully, the weather was MUCH BETTER that day! We went for a little ride on the Staten Island Ferry (which is free, unlike most things in NYC:) so that my nephew could get a look at the Statue of Liberty.

We also went to Toys R US, and the kids got to ride this amazing ferris wheel inside the store. It was a pretty cool store, and they had lots of retro toys that brought back some memories.

Then, we went to Times Square and walked around for a while.

Saturday night, we went back to my brother Cameron's house in Pennsylvania for the night. On Sunday, I got to go to church and see the blessing of this sweet baby. She is my newest niece, and she's adorable.



In case any of you are taking a trip to NYC any time soon, here's a few travel tips for you:
  • If you are getting off the subway, make sure that EVERYONE in your group gets off. This happened to us, and the one who got left behind also happened to be the ONLY one in our group not carrying a cell phone :(
  • If you decide it might be easier to park in New Jersey and take a Water Taxi over to Manhattan, check to see how late the Water Taxis run. We found ourselves stranded at 9:30 at night with no way to get back to our car. (thankfully there were some policemen who told us about a train that goes under the water to the New Jersey side)
  • When you take pictures (especially in Times Square), pay attention to what is in the background. I got some surprises when I came home and looked at my pictures. :)

2 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

So jealous! I went to NYC once for like an afternoon but I didn't get to see much. I want to go back. Your niece is beautiful!

Ben and Summer said...

Oh dear, Stacy, your tips scare me. I hope you had mostly good memories from your trip! It sounds like you got to see a lot and do a lot of fun things. Your niece is an absolute doll - how neat that you got to be there for her blessing!