Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No Progress

I've had a few people asking me lately what I have decided about my internship, so I decided I would just give everyone a quick update and say that I still have no idea where I am going. It's a little bit frustrating because last year, every single person was able to get a paid internship. This year, none of us are sure if we will be able to find one. School districts are having all sorts of crazy budget cuts and hiring freezes. It's pretty scary! My chances of getting a paid internship in Idaho are pretty much zero.

I actually did consider all of the suggestions I was given on my poll. A few people suggested moving to the east coast (Pennsylvania in particular), but the internships I found there do not really pay enough to live on. As of right now, I have found 2 districts in Utah that will probably have paid internships next year, and I was given the name of a district in Alaska that will also have a paid internship next year (but the lady has not called or emailed me back). I haven't really had tons of time to look for internships though because I have been busy doing all of my mid-term projects that were due today.

I have had 2 dreams that I ended up moving to Wyoming for my internship. This worries me a little bit because Wyoming is not exactly at the top of my list for places I want to live. But, at this point, I am willing to move pretty much anywhere that they will pay me.

I'm still open for suggestions if anyone has any brilliant ideas! Thanks for all your input and support!

3 comments:

Ben and Summer said...

I totally hear you about Wyoming. However, if it makes you feel better, we had a family reunion there and while we were driving to it, I couldn't BELIEVE how GORGEOUS the scenery was! Now, it depends on the area of WY, but some of it is breathtaking. Also, my friend moved to North Dakoda on nothing but promptings, and things have worked out SO WELL for her it's almost unbelievable. So good luck and I'm sure wherever Heavenly Father leads you will be for your best!

Amy said...

"I'll go where you want me to go, Dear Lord. Over mountains or plains, or Wyoming..."

SwEaRiKa said...

Hey... I live in Wyoming and I LOVE it here! If you moved up here we could be friends! I live in the Star Valley area (close to the Idaho border and about 1.5 hrs from Jackson) and there are great school programs here; just so you feel a little better :)