Friday, March 13, 2009

For All You Single Ladies...

So, I have been getting that question a lot lately...the one where people ask me if I am married, and they either look shocked or feel sorry for me when I tell them no. Today, this reminded me of a conversation I had a couple of years ago with one of my clients - a 6-year-old girl. It went something like this:

K: (in a concerned tone of voice) Stacy, don't you think it's about time you got a husband?
Me: Are you going to help me find one?
K: (rolls her eyes and lets out a big sigh) Stacy, I think you can find your own husband. This is all you have to do:
  • You meet a boy.
  • You go on a date.
  • You fall in love.
  • You get married...IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

So, for all you single ladies - here are 4 easy steps for you to follow to find the man of your dreams and live in wedded bliss.

8 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

That's really funny!!! How are things going anyway? Any progress with Steps 1 and 2?

Amy said...

I meet lots of boys, but its getting to that next step that proves difficult. One day...

Cassie said...

Lol. Unfortunately sometimes step one in the context of meeting a boy you would want to marry can be a hard step. But, hey I eventually found my prince charming. :)

Ben and Summer said...

That is so funny! I love 6-year-olds (taught 1st grade). What I love is how self confident you are (or seem to be) and excited about your career instead of waiting for something to happen. You are so awesome! And people who ask questions like that and then get shocked or pitious looks on their faces should zip their lips. None of their business!

Amy said...

What's your email? Went private. lyziebeth@hotmail.com

Jason and Bri Walker said...

Well if it's that easy Stacy, what are you waiting for?

Jenna Kae said...

oh, that's what my problem is? i thought for sure i knew what i was doing, but apparently not...

Christa Jeanne said...

Haha, I second Cassie - step 1 can be the hardest part!!! In the four years I've been out of college, I've only run across a handful of guys who were marriage material (sharp, gospel-focused, taller than me) - and even then, there was always some sort of deal-breaker (not driven enough, didn't know what the word "sultry" meant, couldn't sustain a normal conversation, blew me off for six weeks after a DTR and then said I should call him). It's no wonder they're all still single! Dating from the rejects pool is discouraging. The caliber of guys at BYU was so much better!