
Okay, most of you probably know that I am a horrible decision maker! I will finish my classes in June, and I have to do an internship over the next school year. I need to start applying for internships in the next couple of months, and I am having a really hard time deciding where I want to do it. When I graduated from BYU almost 4 years ago (Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's been that long!!), the last place I wanted to move was back to Idaho Falls. Since then, Idaho has kind of grown on me. I also have a few connections in the Idaho Falls school districts, so it might be easier for me to find a job there. I also have family and friends in Idaho Falls who would be difficult to leave. BUT, on the other hand, part of me wants to move someplace a little more exciting (or a lot more exciting) and experience something new. So, I decided to post a poll on my blog just for fun. I posted the main places I am thinking about applying. I am also open to any suggestions you have that are not on my list.



7 comments:
California!!! Haha, I'm biased, what can I say?
Seriously, you should do an internship away from Idaho. The upside is that it's just a year or so, and it's a great opportunity to experience something new. You can always use your contacts in Idaho Falls to return.
Where in Arizona? The singles scene in Phoenix is supposed to be fabulous...
Stacy you are an eagle not a chicken. It is time to fly away from your comfort zone for a little while and have a new experience. Jodie and I have lived in the Caribbean, Miami, North Carolina, Janesville Wisconsin, Utah and Idaho. Though not always easy to be away from comforts, sometimes the most treasured life experiences are found away from home. Make sure and pray about it and do what is best for you. Things will work out in the end, and after you have had the experiences that you needed to have you can finally say that you are an eagle and you can fly home safely, or to where ever life takes you.
Stacy,
My mom's friends daughter lived in Boston and loved it. She still has some connections there if you think that might be a possibility.
Good luck on the decision!
Love,
Jodie
i voted for arizona... believe me, it is awesome. if you aren't convinced yet, let me know and i will get to work on that. plus, we could hang out and you know that always makes for a fun time!
I voted for Arizona, but really someplace exciting is my vote.
Going somewhere new is hard, but always worth-while. You learn so much from change and alowing yourself to have new adventures.
At the same time the conections you already have here could line up a very nice internship experiance and give you great recomendations to then take into your new adventure somewhere else.
Timing is everything. But definately see the world -people will love you where ever you go.
I voted for Disneyland. It's the happiest place on earth Stacy! And I'd come visit ALL the time. You know I would! Seriously, I think you should go somewhere new and exciting. This is the time in your life to get out and see the world. I think you would regret not getting out there in the future. There is always time later on to come back to Idaho.
What have you decided?!?!?
Post a Comment