Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finals Week


Yep, this picture pretty much sums up how I am feeling about this week. I should warn you that this is going to be a boring post, so you can skip it if you want. Mostly, I just need to vent about the stress I'm feeling because it's FINALS WEEK!! I really should be writing papers, but my brain is fried, and I decided I needed a break. I don't really have anything exciting to write about because for the past couple of weeks, my entire life has basically been devoted to writing papers. I really miss the days when finals week only consisted of tests. I would much rather take tests than write papers! Between last week and this week, here's a list of everything I have done (and everything I still have left to do):

  • 15-page case study/research paper

  • 10-page research paper on a clinical disorder

  • 10-page research paper on cognitive behavioral therapy

  • 5-10 page research paper on how to assess a learning disability

  • presentation on a psychological assessment

  • 3-page paper on legal, ethical, and muticultural issues in clinical school psychology

  • 3-page paper on legal, ethical, and multicultural issues involved in doing psychological assessments

  • proposal for 6 weeks of small-group counseling

  • 12-15 page paper on the prevention of eating disorders in the school setting

Okay, I'm done complaining. I'm sure it could actually be a lot worse, and if I wouldn't have procrastinated, I wouldn't have so much to do this week. Maybe one of these days I will learn to stop procrastinating, but I doubt it. Well, it's time to get back to work.

5 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

Awwww, poor thing!!! That's craziness. Hang in there, and remember, when it's done, you get to play for a couple of weeks - that's got to be a light at the end of the finals tunnel! :)

Kara and Chant said...

You wouldn't be Stacy if you didn't procrastinate. And lucky for you, you seem to deal well under pressure so I know you will get through it all and get sraight A's. Good luck and stay sane!

Cassie said...

You can do it! I know you can. ;)

Amy said...

Geesh, I forgot what finals week was all about. Thanks for the reminder. Babysitting is good birth control--this is good masters control. Do I want to do this in the future?!? I don't know now...

JennyCook said...

I hope you survive!!! That was always the worst part about school. It was a major stressor but your super smart so you'll breeze threw it. No problem :).